I can’t believe I have been doing drop shipping for almost one year! But here I am, and so is the holiday shopping season.
This month has been the most successful month of my business, both in terms of profit and building my reputation in the eBay world as seller.
I strive to make sure my customers are happy, no matter what. And when I say no matter what, I mean my priority is to provide the best customer service where they feel there is no way they can get better service anywhere else. I have turned many negative feedbacks into positive and I have kept my feedback at 100%. I am more proud of that than the profit I made, because I know I facilitate a successful drop shipping transaction where ALL my customers have nothing but positive things to say about their shopping experience with me.
Example: I had a situation where my customer and eBay would initially not want to revise the feedback, and I have accepted , but I wanted to make the customer understand that I appreciate his opinion, I value his business and I would like another opportunity to serve him again in the future.
He purchased a set of fan blades where he didn’t pay right away, the order sat unpaid for a while. He eventually paid for the order, however the blades went out of stock during the waiting time, so I had to cancel the order once the order was confirmed to be paid. I took this upon myself and apologized, but the customer was upset and told me he was initially going to buy these blades from Home Depot, but they were out of stock, so he decided to buy from me.
What I think happened is that he bought them from me since Home Depot was out of stock, but didn’t pay for them for 4 days hoping that Home Depot would bring them back in stock. Eventually he realized that was not the case, so he paid for the blades in my store. I was straight up with the customer and refunded right away, offered him 10% off next order.
I then realized this isn’t outstanding customer service, so I decided to send him a $25 gift card from Home Depot (which was the amount he mentioned in his message as the markup for the item).
The next day he revised his feedback. I actually wrote more about that experience here
As the holiday shopping season approached us, so have the out of stock items increased. I haven’t changed my process and it has been working well for me so far.
1. 6800 items. My VA and I had to remove over 200 listings from a company that we got VEROed. This is the nature of the business and while I sold a lot of their products, the moment I received the email, we had to remove these listings. This almost made us miss the goal again, but we did it. 🙂
2. $4500 profit. I made $4800 in profit, after all my expenses. I made over 32k in sales last month, the most I have ever done
3. 20 optimized items in my store, including full and complete listings. I completed 5. The holiday shopping rush and all other issues that came up took me away from focusing on this.
I also sold one of my items that I listed back in February and never sold until November, when all of the sudden it sold 33 times. Moral of the story? EVERYTHING SELLS.
1. 7600 items. We are going through a major store revamp as we have noticed many items that have been discontinued, and with the holiday shopping, 800 is a fair number of listings to complete per month
2. Fully train the second VA. My 3rd second VA. She is a good friend of my first VA and while she does not have eBay experience and she is a little slow, she learns quick and she is incredibly passionate to grow with us. I am not in a hurry to grow any faster than I already am, so I am very happy to help her grow in her role. I have also doubled my senior’s VA pay and working with her on more customer service tasks.
3. Successfully help my first coaching client. I am incredibly passionate about this business, but what I am more passionate is to help people achieve their goals. Last year this time I was in a very shitty financial and personal situation and I have managed to grow and be where I am today and I know I can help people succeed in this business too. I feel a great sense of gratitude and honour that there have been people that reached out to me for help, and I will do my absolute best to make a positive difference with their drop shipping business.
Happy selling and wishing everyone a prosperous holiday shopping season! 🙂